We know that on any given day, pizza is America’s most popular food. Did you also know that more people prefer spicy foods than mild ones?
Put those two indelible facts together and what do you get? A Spicy Pizza, of course.
That is one of the reasons we created Liguria Rosso Spicy Sliced Pepperoni. This pepperoni is red hot to taste, but also cooks redder than our traditional Liguria Pepperoni.
Coming up with new ways to tap into your customer’s desire for spicy foods is a great way to add sales. We suggest combining Jalapeno Peppers with Liguria Rosso Spicy Pepperoni as toppings and create a spicy pizza as a Limited Time Offer (LTO). With cooler weather upon us, a spicy offering may be the perfect order for many of your customers to warm up a cool evening.
The popularity of the Jalapeno Popper has waned in recent years. Consumers love the flavor but had enough of the deep-fried version. You can capitalize on the memories and offer a terrific tasting new version.
The beauty of LTO’s is the ability to test new menu items without a long-term commitment. Most operators run a six-week promo. Some operators have seasonal LTO’s and create demand as consumers look forward to that special item. As an example, McDonald’s has done a great job with the McRib.
Hang signs, use pizza box toppers and feature on your online order and text messages. Poppers and Pepperoni are HOT, excite your customers and bring them back for more.
Here’s a Spicy Pizza Recipe we really like:
Spicy Jalapeno Popper and Liguria Rosso Pepperoni Pizza
Ingredients for each:
- 1 (8 oz.) package of softened cream cheese
- 1 (1 oz.) package of ranch dressing mix
- 1 (14-inch) pizza crust
- 3 fresh jalapenos seeded and sliced (If you really want to make it hot, use Habanero chili peppers)
- 3-6 oz. Liguria Rosso Spicy Pepperoni sliced
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat an oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Stir together the softened cream cheese and ranch dressing mix in a bowl until smooth. Spread the mixture on the pre-baked crust. Generously sprinkle jalapeno slices and Liguria Rosso Spicy Pepperoni on top of the cream cheese mixture; then top with the shredded cheese.
- Combine the melted butter and seasoned breadcrumbs. Sprinkle the mixture over the top of the pizza.
- Bake in preheated oven until the breadcrumbs are nicely browned and the cheese has melted. (About 15 minutes on a pre-baked pizza crust)