So, you decided to attend the 2017 Pizza Expo in Las Vegas – great decision, now how do you get the most from your time at the show?
To have the most productive show, it’s best to be prepared – know what you want to research, understand your budget, gather a list of questions, and be ready to find something unexpected. Review consumer trends, what’s hot? Look at Pizza Today Magazine for trends in flavor, ingredients, equipment and technology.
To help you plan your visit to the Pizza Expo, here are suggestions:
- What to Bring? – have a list of new recipes you want to try and explore. Do you need ingredients? New equipment? Distribution options?
- Do a technology audit – So many new technology and tools available to foodservice operators, separate “need-to-have” from “nice-to-have”. What do you need?
- Make a Budget – How much can you spend? You will be able to speak directly with company representatives who can show you how you can save money.
- Seminars – The Expo has a full slate of educational opportunities including seminars on Food Safety, New Technology and Food Trends.
- Do Homework – Check out the EXPO Exhibitor List and click on their website to review products you may want. Read Pizza Today to learn about changes in the marketplace and the latest trends.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes – It may be nice to put on those new shiny loafers that go so well with a suit, but consider that you will probably be on your feet all day. Choose comfort over style. These days, business people understand the necessity of comfort.
- Stay Connected – Fire up Twitter, Instagram and Facebook accounts and post new discoveries and fun shots from the show. Your customers will appreciate the behind-the-scenes updates.
- Open your eyes – the show features over 800 booths – explore. Find something new and interesting that will reduce your cost, make your life easier or delight your customers.
Trade shows take a lot of time and cost a lot of money – have fun in Vegas, but get the most of your investment.